I really think I'm dying...that's how horrible I feel. I regret not getting a flu shot this year. I really was going to...I just never got around to it. You see, I'm scared of needles. Deathly Scared. I pass out every time one enters my skin. Oh I'm about to pass out thinking about it. Is it sad that I would risk getting the flu rather than getting a shot? It's been 5 years since I last had the flu. 5 long years of no flu..5 long years of no flu shot...that would make me immune right?? I thought I was immune!! ...Please no lectures..I've already heard it from Mom.
Thank goodness I was at my parents house when I started feeling bad, now Mom can take care of me and I won't have to depend on Sean who isn't at our house during the day. I accidentally passed the flu on to my Dad, who is feeling about as bad as I am.
The doctor informed me I'd have about one more week give or take a few days to endure this horrible pain So if you don't mind sending Up prayers for me and Dad to have a Speedy recovery it would be much appreciated!
Here are some helpful hints on how to prevent yourself from getting the flu from CDC.gov. Please, use these!! I don't want anyone to have to feel as I do right now!!
*Get a flu shot!
* Wash your hands often with soap and water often! If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
* Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
* Follow public health advice regarding school closures, avoiding crowds and other measures to keep our distance from each other to lessen the spread of flu.
If I were you I'd carry around a tub of the water free hand rub, and use it every minute!!
Stay well!
1 comment:
Oooh that sucks! I hope it doesn't last a week for you!
Just be careful about the flu shot. There ARE risks. My friend's dad is now paralyzed and in a wheel chair all thanks to the flu shot.
Post a Comment