Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Heifer

After Taking photos for Sean's Cousin on Saturday (photos coming soon) I took a little Detour to the Heifer Ranch to see the animals... I thought they only had goats and sheep and bulls but I was quite mistaken!

If you aren't familiar with the Heifer Foundation you can go visit their website here.  Heifer's mission is to work with communities to end hunger and poverty and care for the earth by given live animals and teaching how to make money/ food with these animals. 

I miscalculated my arrival time, but got a beautiful photo of the sun setting over the Ranch. 
As I was driving along looking for the Goats and Bulls and I looked over and had to do a doubletake because holy crap there was a camel!  I kind of laughed outloud because I totally wasn't expecting to see that!  The camel Above was totally ok with getting his/her photo taken...but the camel below did not like it.
And I'm not sure if this was supposed to scare me away but he/she turned his butt to me and spred his back legs out and started flapping his tail up and down...at least I think he was trying to scare me away...maybe he just had gas.


Then he turned around and was foaming at the mouth like he had rabies.. If anyone knows anything about camels...please, let me know what this behavior is all about...i'm very curious!

Next I spotted this creature which I THINK is a llama...though I have no Idea...we don't get wild llamas in Arkansas so I have no idea.  Maybe it's an Alpaca.  I don't know what an Alpaca is but it sounds like it would look like this animal..

The grass IS always greener on the other side!

This guy was really cute...I like his eyebrows..and facial hair. 
I finally said Goodbye to Heifer ranch but would love to go back when it isn't 40 degrees outside and snowy...

I dont' know why but this camel kind of reminds me of my ex-boyfriend...but not in a good way...
This was the view leaving the ranch, isn't Arkansas Beautiful!!
Have a great Monday!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Reminds you of your ex-boyfriend huh? Hahaha... that one made me laugh!

Looks like a need place to visit...

LeAnna said...

Wow, what a neat place! I blog hopped here from somewhere, can't remember how exactly now! Love your blog, though, I've enjoyed reading it!

Unknown said...

The goat with the eyebrows reminds me of Andy Rooney from 60 minutes! :)

The Kissin S Ranch said...

That is funny, I have heard that camels spit when they are mad or feel threated so I think that is what it was doing. Spiting at you!! Ha Ha.

The Kissin S Ranch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

This post is too cute! You crack me up! :)

The Park Wife said...

Hey Jenna! Camels freak me out. A man that lives here has one, I steer clear of it.

Take care,
The Park Wife

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin